Available through Home Base
All our online PD is available through Home Base and can be accessed by logging in with your existing username and password. You can then enroll in the module of interest. Content for some self-paced modules is located on external websites; for these, information will be provided in Home Base. Some modules are also available as instructor-led professional development; see Home Base for schedules, availability, and requirements.
I have decided to go back to get my master’s online after seeing how easy it is to take courses online on my own time! Thank you for the confidence! — A North Carolina educator
Download a printable flyer with lists of all available modules and mini-modules.
A chart of module alignments to North Carolina’s standards for professional educators is available.
In your LEA
“Self-paced” modules don’t have to be done alone! They can be implemented in a variety of ways. We recommend professional learning communities (PLCs), whether online, offline, or in a hybrid format, but teachers can use the modules for self-directed learning.
Complete descriptions of modules and detailed suggestions for implementing them in your LEA are provided in the Implementation Guide.
Districts and charter schools with access to Home Base can teach local sections of most full-length modules. Access to Moodle will be provided, but the LEA must provide a trained and qualified instructor for each section. Only learners enrolled by the LEA in question will be enrolled in that section of the module.
Things to remember
- There is no cost to school districts or educators to take these modules. Any public LEA or charter school in North Carolina may use the modules.
- All materials needed to complete the modules are provided online. You must have reliable connectivity. Technology requirements are listed at the beginning of each module.
- Self-paced modules and mini-modules will be available throughout the school year. You may begin at any time. Each module requires a different amount of time for completion. Please refer to the descriptions of specific modules below for approximate completion times.
- Credit will be awarded on the PD system transcript upon successful completion of modules housed in Home Base. Educators may also print a Certificate of Completion for their records and to present to the Staff Development Contact within their school for CEUs. Final award of CEUs must be approved by the local education agency (school district or charter school). Central office staff may ask to see work products for self-paced modules before awarding credit.
If you have questions, contact Geetanjali Soni, Instructional Design Team Lead, at email@example.com.
Instructional Design Team / Educator Effectiveness
- Dr. Geetanjali Soni
- Educational Consultant, Instructional Design Team Lead
- Tericia Eller
- Online Professional Development Facilitator
- Andrew Horne
- Web Content Manager
- Dr. David Walbert
- Educational Consultant, Online Module Development