Developing and Maintaining a Positive Learning Environment in Your Classroom
This course offers strategies that will enable teachers to shape the management of their classrooms by building relationships with students, establishing procedures, and planning lessons. Beginning teachers who have completed a teacher preparation program as well as those who are entering the profession via alternative routes will benefit from this module. It will also help veteran teachers who would like to refresh their management techniques.
1.0 CEU (general)
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 1. Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- a. Teachers lead in their classrooms.
- 2. Teachers establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students.
- a. Teachers provide an environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults.
- b. Teachers embrace diversity in the school community and in the world.
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- a. Teachers know the ways in which learning takes place, and they know the appropriate levels of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of their students.
- b. Teachers plan instruction appropriate for their students.
- c. Teachers use a variety of instructional methods.
- h. Teachers use a variety of methods to assess what each student has learned.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 4. Human Resource Leadership
- b. Recruting, hiring, placing, and mentoring of staff
- c. Teacher and staff evaluation
Participants will create the following in completing this module, and
central office staff may, at their discretion, request these work products before granting CEUs.