This mini-module explains the EVAAS growth model of evaluating teachers, including the differences between growth and proficiency, how projections and predictions are calculated and used, and how statistical concepts like normal curve equivalents and standard error contribute to making Standard 6 a fair assessment of teacher growth.
0.2 CEU (general)
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 1. Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- a. Teachers lead in their classrooms.
- 5. Teachers reflect on their practice.
- a. Teachers analyze student learning.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 2. Instructional Leadership
- a. Focus on learning and teaching, curriculum, instruction and assessment
- b. Focus on instructional time