Twitter in Education
Twitter can be a valuable tool to support student and educator learning. In this module, you will discover how to use Twitter in the classroom and for communicating with students and families. Learn how Twitter supports formative assessment, resource sharing, collaboration, individualized learning, and Professional Learning Communities. This session will start with the basics — no prior experience with Twitter is required. TwitterÕs many potential benefits will be described, using real examples. Participants will be provided with resources that will support their exploration of Twitter beyond the module.
0.1 CEU (general)
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 2. Teachers establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students.
- e. Teachers work collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of their students.
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- d. Teachers integrate and utilize technology in their instruction.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 4. Human Resource Leadership
- a. Professional development/learning communities
- 5. Managerial Leadership
- c. Systematic communication
- 6. External Development Leadership
- a. Parent and community involvement and outreach